John Blanchard has over 30 years of experience in information systems and technology. John joined Bardsley Associates as a senior management consultant in 1994 and specializes in strategic systems planning, requirements analysis, systems design, software development, system selection, systems implementation, business process improvement and project management.
John has extensive experience in requirements gathering and business process analysis for international organizations, including work with users representing over 65 countries worldwide.
- Project management
- Strategic systems planning
- System and business requirements analysis
- Selection and implementation of information systems
- Business process and policy analysis and improvement
- Analyzed business processes, defined requirements, developed Requests for Proposal, developed demonstration scripts, advised on vendor selection, assisted with contract and pricing negotiation, developed project risk mitigation strategies, designed data conversion plans, developed test plans and test scripts and managed the implementation of financial, customer billing, sales and customer service systems for a variety of clients.
- Developed XML document formats and specifications to support sales transactions for business-to-business Internet trading exchange.
- Managed development and implementation of sales analysis data mart.
- Managed project to develop and implement data warehouse of customer billing information for wireless telecommunications provider.
- Managed project to define technical requirements for data warehouse pilot project for a large commercial airline.
- Designed and developed product configurator to support highly configurable technology products composed of hardware, software, various integration options and programmable software features.
- Managed $4 million project to replace all corporate information systems, including distribution, finance, sales, marketing, and technical support with relational database-based applications software running on open systems hardware.
- Developed Strategic Information Technology Plan for a major manufacturer of medical systems.
- As Director of Information Systems, planned and architected technology environment for leading high technology company based on strategic and operational business objectives. Provided technology and leadership that supported revenue growth from $5 million to $240 million, from startup through IPO to merger/acquisition in 9 years.